(Updated May 20, 2022)
Protecting your private information is our priority. This Statement of Privacy applies to Gibson Athletic and governs data collection and usage in connection with the use of our website.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, Gibson Athletic may collect personally identifiable information, including but not limited to:
- First and Last Name
- E-mail Address
You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Gibson Athletic may collect and use your personal information to operate and deliver the services and you have requested. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use our website.
Gibson Athletic may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Gibson Athletic and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Gibson Athletic may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. Gibson Athletic may sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Gibson Athletic may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Gibson Athletic or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Gibson Athletic; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Gibson Athletic, or the public.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you sent to us at email@example.com we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
E-mail and Other Communications
From time to time, Gibson Athletic may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. We may use third party providers, like Mailchimp to contact you on our behalf.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Gibson Athletic, you may opt out of such communications by going to by going to your profile settings and turning off the email types you no longer want to receive.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Cookies (or mobile cookies)
A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Pages of the website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain wesite content and verifying system and server integrity).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions and will be encrypted using industry-standard SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Changes to this Statement